As a way to continue to grow in their Catholic faith teens seeking the Sacrament of Confirmation are asked to attend a minimum of 3 service events with Sea Side Life Teen during their 9th and 10th grade years. Our service opportunities are centered around the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy and encourage our teens to practice their faith in a tangible way leading to a deeper relationship with Jesus.
Should you have any interest in driving, volunteering or questions, please contact Amanda Gately our Coordinator of Youth Ministry, at [email protected], or Jo-Ann Sullivan, our Confirmation Director, at [email protected]
The organizations Seaside Life Teen will be serving with include:
- Cradles to Crayons: Teens are invited to join us as we spend the day helping to organize supplies going to families in need in the Boston area.
- End Hunger New England: As part of the Outreach Program, End Hunger NE volunteers package food to feed more hungry New Englanders every year. This year this non-profit will aim to serve 40,000,000 individuals who are food insecure.
- My Brother's Keeper: A vibrant Christian ministry in Easton which provides furniture, food and holiday assistance to families in need. Their mission is “To bring the Love and Hope of Jesus Christ to those we serve.”
- Nursing Homes: Teens will serve the elderly at the Allerton House and Harbor House, here in Hingham! We will build relationships with the residents by playing trivia, participating in a Communion/Rosary service and spending quality time together.
- Mission Trips: During 2023, we will be traveling to Mexico City in April, Peru in June and Medjugorje in August! Please go to Upcoming Trips, Camps and Retreats for more information.
VIRTUS (Protecting God's Children for Adults) A prevention and awareness training for the protection for children at the parish level for adults ("Protecting God's Children") will be held on Sunday March 4th from 1PM-4PM at…