On behalf of the Collaborative Parishes of Resurrection and St. Paul, we would like to welcome and invite you to participate by volunteering to serve within Mass or any of the number of church related activities. we are committed to fostering an environment that protects and advocates on behalf of our youngest and most vulnerable.
In order to volunteer, as required by the Archdiocese of Boston, ALL volunteers need to:
1. Have completed an up-to-date
(State background check) once a year, to be verified and received by the parish where you will be volunteering.
2. Have taken the VIRTUS ("Protecting God's Children") training workshop once, and provide the date and location that it was taken. (select BOSTON Archdiocese)
- Click on “First time registrant”
- Then Click on “Begin the registration process”
- Select “Boston” from the drop down list of dioceses.
- Complete the registration process
- Complete online PGC training through VIRTUS.
3. Complete MA Mandated Reporting training- Upon completion of VIRTUS, individuals will be directed to a link to an additional online training on mandated reporting in Massachusetts. Both online trainings must be completed to be in compliance with child protection requirements.
4. Read and sign a Code of Ministerial Conduct to be kept on file within the parish.
What are the VIRTUS® programs?
VIRTUS is the brand name that identifies best practices programs designed to help prevent wrongdoing and promote "rightdoing" within religious organizations. The VIRTUS programs empower organizations and people to better control risk and improve the lives of all those who interact with the Church.
Who created the VIRTUS programs?
The National Catholic Risk Retention Group, Inc. (National Catholic) created the programs in 1985. Monsignor Kevin McCoy, past board chairman of National Catholic, asked whether child sexual abuse could be prevented and, if so, how? In March of 1998, National Catholic invited prominent national experts—experts in many disciplines—to discuss these questions at a forum in Washington, D.C. From those discussions, the initiative for the VIRTUS programs was created. The National Catholic Board of Directors selected an Ad Hoc Committee to oversee development of the programs. The Ad Hoc Committee was assisted by a steering committee of nationally known experts and program and service providers. For more information, visit our company website at: https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/index.cfm?.
To report sexual abuse by a member of the clergy, a church employee or a volunteer, you may contact the Office of Pastoral Support and Outreach at the Archdiocese of Boston directly at (617) 746-5995.
To find VIRTUS "Protecting God's Children" Training sessions in your area, check this link: (select BOSTON Archdiocese)