What does Life Teen have to do with Confirmation?
Seaside Life Teen is Hingham’s very own youth ministry program that also serves as a requirement fulfillment for Confirmation students (9th and 10th graders) in our collaborative. Along with other requirements listed in the syllabus above, students are required to complete 12 Life Nights for every year they are in the Confirmation Program.
For more information, see syllabus above. NOTE: Worship Nights = Adoration Nights (These do not count towards the 3 Thursday Night Holy Hours that are required for Confirmation but do count as Life Nights)
The Sacrament of Confession is one of the most beautiful sacraments the Church has to offer. As Catholics, the Church requires that we go to Confession at least once a year but many go once or twice a month. To help get you started, here is an Examination of Conscience
Important Dates for 2022-2023 Confirmation Candidates:
- Thursday, November 3, 2022 from 7:00 to 8:20 p.m. at Resurrection
- Thursday, April 27, 2023 from 7:00 to 8:20 p.m. at Resurrection
Confirmation Practice/ Night of Prayer & Reflection
- May 12, 2023 - 7:00 PM
- A special night for Confirmandi and Sponsors to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- May 13, 2023 - 1:00 PM
Important Documents & Forms:
Documents (Click Below):
- 2022-23 9th Grade Syllabus
- 2022-23 10th Grade Syllabus
- Catholic Basics
- Confirmation Catechesis
- Choosing a Confirmation Name and Sponsor
- Confirmation – Strengthened by the SpiriForms (Click Below):
- Confirmation Form – to be completed by Confirmandi
- Sponsor Form – to be completed by the Sponsor and sent to Resurrection Church
- Baptismal Certificate – Please send your child’s Baptismal Certificate to: Resurrection Church ~1057 Main Street ~ Hingham, MA 02043 ATTN: Jo-Ann Sullivan
THE CONFIRMATION FORM and SPONSOR FORM ARE DUE FEBRUARY 1ST, 2023 FOR ALL CONFIRMATION CANDIDATES.
Please contact our Confirmation Director, Jo-Ann Sullivan at [email protected] with any questions or concerns regarding Confirmation requirements or the ceremony!